Monday, September 23, 2013

15k Training

Just another week of training for a 15k at the Stockade-athon.

WEEK 5: 24 Mi
Sep 16
Easy Run
Dist: 3 Mi @11:50
Sep 18
Tempo Run
Dist: 6 Mi, inc Warm; 4 Mi @ 10:18; Cool
Sep 19
Easy Run
Dist: 3 Mi @11:50
Sep 21
Long Run
Dist: 12 Mi @11:50


Monday: 3 mile run (10:14) & Pilates.
I stayed at school extra late to get my act together before heading to the gym to knock out 3 miles before the Pilates class.  I love pilates, especially since this one is a traditional mat class.  
(16,139 steps)

Tuesday: Rest. 
I think it was close to a real rest day.  I don't remember the day at all.
(6,658 steps)

Wednesday: 6 miles @ 11:23 pace
I was feeling quite confident with the way my running/training has been going and took off on the road for a 6 mile run in my neighborhood. It was awful.  This route kicks my ass every single time and I'm not sure why,  I don't think it is particularly hilly but it was miserable regardless.  
(16,894 steps)

 I was going to do a 3 mile run but felt so tired from the 6 mile run / working on my feet that I decided to post pone it.  I think I'm having a harder time adjusting to working on my feet all day than I realized.  My legs aren't getting much of a chance to recover.

Friday: 3.25 miles @ 10:18
my splits were all over the place ( 10'11, 10'56, 9'50)  and interestingly enough I felt like I was going at my slowest for my last mile.  Legs still felt heavy but better than Wednesday.

Saturday: 2.5 miles. I knew with Farm Aid on the weekend agenda, the likely hood of me running on Sunday was very slim.  I woke up early and ready to tackle the plan of 12 miles.  Unfortunately when I started running, I felt off the entire time.  Working hard and running in the 12 minute pace.  Within the first .25 I noticed that my right shin was bothering me, I hoped it would loosen up but it didn't, by mile 2.5 it was very uncomfortable.  With Ragnar being this next weekend and my A race still over a month away,  I decided to call it and walk home. I rolled my calf and could feel the knot in my muscle.  I'll keep foam rolling and compression sock wearing and I think I'll be as good as new for Ragnar ADK next weekend.

Not a damn thing.  Farm Aid was an awesome day/night.  And sunday was mostly dedicated to recovery. I went up north to watch football with some friends before coming home and proceeding sit/lay around my messy apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment