It's hard to believe another month has flown by. I can only hope that this summer will slow down. The reoccurring thought this month is that I should be able to get my act together now that school is out.
Complete a 5k in 25 minutes.
I still haven't focused in this, but I did run a 29:57 race after putting up fairly slower paces before hand. I am continually conflicted between getting faster and running longer.
Yoga 1x a week. (8/52)
I am still significantly behind but I did go once. Now that school is out I can try to catch up.
Complete 12 items off of my bucket list (2/12)
Nothing new this month.
Volunteer 1x a month (2/12)
I was only in Albany for 2 weeks this month so I didn't find any spare time to volunteer. But school is out.....
Make my bed 1 morning a week(42/52)
I think this is finally beginning to be a habit. Woot!
Travel outside of the Greater Capital District 1x a month. (6/12)
I spent a week out in Middleburgh, which is roughly an hour away from Albany and well as a week in Amagansett down on Long Island.
Read 33 books (18/33)
I read 5 books in June! Holy smokes. Vacation allows me a lot of free time. I will definitely be reaching this goal.
- A place of my own - Michael Pollan - Michael's journey to building his own off/shack. Kinda nerdy but interesting.
- The Bean Tree- Barbara Kingslover - It took me a hot minute to get into this book, but I really enjoyed the characters. I like most everything I've read that Ms. Kingslover has written.
- Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us - Michael Moss - This is a MUST read for everyone. Very eye opening about our food supply.
- Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn - since there was so much hype about this book, I finially rented it from the library. It was good, but it didnt shock me as much as I thought it might.
- Pigs in Heaven - Barbara Kingslover- this is the continuation of The Bean Tree - an interesting story for sure.
Save an additional 100 bucks a month (300/1200)
Run in 13 races for 2013 (4/13)
Hike 13 High Peaks (4/13)
Nothing done again this month. I have already schedule some hikes in my planner to remind myself to get up there!
Hike 13 Catskills 3500