Oh April, you were gone so soon. Here's a review of those pesky new years resolutions to turn myself into a better functioning member of society. (or something of the sort)
- Yoga once a week (9/52) I have since stopped babysitting in the evenings and have begun attending a class on Tuesday evenings. I am still behind, but for now only focusing on keeping the momentum.
- Complete a full cycle of p90x Still haven't started. Need to stop procrastinating!
- Complete 12 things off my life list (2/12) No new bucket list items have been achieved. Which is truly a bummer because the high I get from achieving them is quite awesome. I need to carve out some free weekend time soon so focus on some big goals.
- Run a 5k in under 25 Minutes Not achieved, and to be honest I haven't focused on it much since RLRF. Hopefully some progress will be made once my marathon training starts tomorrow
- Run a 5k in 21 Minutes (21:59 is acceptable) (har, har, har-- still trying to figure out when I though I might ever run 7:30 miles......)
- Volunteer 1x per Month(2/12) This month was hard with volunteering with my program. One weekend I ended up having my cousin and the next volunteer weekend was a bridal shower and bachlorette party for my college roommate. I am registered to volunteer the big corporate challenge during May and should have atleast one week of volunteering with the teens, so hopefully I can make up for lost time.
- Read 30 books a year(5/30) It took me 4 months to realize that I had actually put the wrong new years resolution for this one. Initially I had indicated I wanted to read 36 books a year, which is quite the jump from 24. What I really wanted was 30 as in 2 books a month and an additional book every other month or so. I am still behind even by the new scale, but I did manage to complete 3 books this month, so I am making progress!
- Run 3x a week (45/156) Not having a plan to follow for the month, had led to me falling behind just a bit. I should be at 48 but I was killed by allergies in the beginning of the month, and just felt a bit loss after completing RLRF.
Workout in the morning once a week.
- Race 1x a Month (4/12) Keeping up on this one, I was lucky enough to be able to run with my cousin and had blast. Looking forward to my next race in may which is a 15k so finally breaking out of the spring time 5k's
- Follow 1 new recipe a week (18/52) I am kicking butt on this one. I've been having fun trying new meals and recipes. I think next years challenge will be to make some of them a bit healthier!
As the weather becomes more consistent and marathon training starts (tomorrow!) I hope to improve my 5k time and keep running at least 3x week. Yoga will be essential in my recovery and I plan to spend more time ready and relaxing while not training. Happy May !