- The pool isn't nearly as scary as I initially thought.
- The YMCA sells goggles
- Sharing lanes isn't as terrifying as imagined
- Don't go in the hot tub before swimming, the water isn't that warm.
- Swim in lane 6, it's closest to the pool heater.
- There is a reason that swimming is the first event, to prevent drowning, workouts should be done accordingly as well.
- Stationary bikes are more boring than treadmills (who would have ever thought)
- 56 miles takes a lot more effort than I predicted
- Riding the bike 2 days in a row makes me saddle sore
Overall it was a ton of fun. I am definitely more interested in participating in an official Tri now that I know I can still swim. But for now, I'm switching to #OpHardcoreFit and focusing on improving my 5k PR