2011 was a huge year for me. In a word it was definitely all about traveling. I rang in the new year overlooking the Sydney Harbour in Australia with my sister and brother in law. I spent the rest of the year, recreating that feeling. I took a few trips to my usual places, Fort Myers, FL, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Raleigh. I also managed to visit a few new places in the US like Nashville, TN and Lake Tahoe, CA/NV.
After all of my domestic travel was complete, I went to London, Spain, and Morocco. Somewhere in between I survived working at my horrific school in DC, moved home and started running again. To say that my life has changed would be an understatement. I had been feeling restless for the past 2 years and finally I am content in staying in one place (Albany, NY - who would have EVER thought that would come from me)
I had a whole series of new years resolutions ( like I always do) and some I've completed, some I've made progress towards, and a few became completely irrelevant. Regardless of what the stats of my new years resolutions say, I have improved since last year, even if I didn't make it to yoga once a week for the whole year.
These were my goals/resolutions for 2011.
1. Find a Doctor and a Dentist. uninsured until further notice. not relevant.
2. Take Public Transportation 2x a week to work ((28/44)) -- I've now since moved but it was close to 1x) Despite moving, I have no car as I'm traveling. I think it counts!
3. Yoga 1x per week ((14/52))
4. Run 4x a week - not even close.
5. Attend 1 Free in DC event per month moved out of dc. not relevant
6. Accomplish 11 things off of my Life list ((6/11)) - progress has been made and those 6 experiences were great, i also had a million experiences during traveling that aren't on this specific list, so I think it evens out.
7. Race 1x per month ((3/12))- 3 times is better than nothing!
8. Volunteer 1x per month ((1/12)) - fail fail fail. I am alright lined up with a local high school and animal shelter to improve this next year.
9. Read 2 books per month (29/24)) - Dominated! I loved the ease of my kindle while traveling and loving my local library even more.
10. Follow 1 new recipe per week ((21/52))- this is significant progress from someone who had never followed a recipe before. I've started to enjoy cooking and will probably try to hit this goal again next year.
I only actually achieved one of my 10 goals, but I did make progress towards most, and in the grand scheme of things, thats sometimes the best we can do. Happy New year !